Monday, June 7, 2010

The Blues

Sorry for the terrible cropping.  I do not have photoshop or a program currently loaded on my computer which will allow me to crop my images so this one is not cropped.  I'll fix it when I update my computer.

  I did this painting mostly because I wanted to try and capture the emotion of sadness or loneliness.  The figure is in a blue rain coat because the color blue is so often used to represent sadness.  The colors are more saturated adding to the "rainy day" mood.  The red background I chose for a few reasons.  The first being that it was a striking color that worked well with the blue.  The second being that red is so often used to describe passion, love, or the complete opposite, anger or hate.  These are all feelings that one experiences when they are in love.  This figure is experiencing "the blues" due to some type of romantic heartache she's experienced in her life.  Her gaze is downward and inward towards her own thoughts and her own feelings.  Amazing what you can do with color!  I must thank my beautiful wife for posing for me!  You're the best babe!

No comments:

Post a Comment