Wednesday, June 15, 2011

"Copycat"


This was my favorite painting for Summerfest.  I did some improvising with this painting that really brought it to life.  I put the storm clouds in mimicking the shape of the trees, hence the title "Copycat" and then added the cows and the fence and the mountains as well.  The real image I was looking at to paint it was just the trees and the trees in the background with a pitch black storm that randomly decided to change direction and attack me in the middle of the painting.  This is probably my favorite painting to date just because I figured certain little things out and was able to add them to really make it pop.  I will probably do a big painting using this smaller one as a study in my studio in the near future.  Unless this one sells this weekend!  All in all this was a good week.  Better I think than last week in the Ogden Arts festival(I will post those paintings on here next).  Next week I have Art on the Lawn in Logan and then the Midway Plein Air Competition is the following week so it's a pretty crazy month.  Hopefully something either sells or places in one of these competitions to make it worth all the gas money I'm forking out driving all over the state!

No comments:

Post a Comment