Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Locals Entrance



So this painting was one of 3 I did for Logan Summerfest this week.  I don't particularly love this painting but everyone else seems to.  My wife Danielle wanted me to submit this painting instead of one of the other ones I did and she had a valid point.  When I was turning this one in to be judged along with the other one(we could only turn in 2) one of the aids told me that her mom would "LOVE that painting" and then proceeded to tell me some fond memory of the bluebird and her grandmother.  I'm hoping that same sense of nostalgia will bring someone to buy this one.  The size on it is 11x14 which is a typical size for a plein air competition.  I like aspects of this painting more than others, most of which can't be seen from this photo.  I used a palette knife on almost the entire painting which gives it a thick quality in person, which is something I like about it.  I think in normal circumstances I would probably like this painting as well but I am a perfectionist and think the other 2 I did are much better so it makes it hard for me to really get excited about this one now.  I'll be really excited if it sells this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment