Wednesday, June 15, 2011

"Looks Like Rain"



This painting was the 1st one I did for the Summerfest competition this week.  This painting was one of those typical Utah June paintings where the weather was great when I started in to the underpainting and I was getting completely drenched by the time I started putting down the main painting.  I'm still pretty happy with how it turned out.  This is more the direction I've been trying to go as far as paint application goes.  It's mostly done with different shaped palette knives and a brush is used to smooth things out when needed and to put a few final strokes in the foreground.  The size on this one is 11x14 and it is on panel.  I didn't include this one in the show because we were only able to turn in 2 but if one of them sells in the "buy it now" option than I will be replacing it with this one.  Not gonna lie, the little cows were an awesome touch on this one!

1 comment: